Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Turn, turn, turn - turn it up a notch

The festival of Sukkot will begin in a couple of days. The holiday is called "the time of our rejoicing" - z'man simchateynu. There is perhaps no greater joy in life than the satisfaction we get from good, healthy, strong relationships with loved ones - family and friends (for me, this capacity for deep friendship is what makes life meaningful).
Now that we're through the holy days of Rosh HaShanah and Yom Kippur, Sukkot gives us the continued chance to reflect on what's most important in our lives - and especially to consider which relatioships need attention or repair.
I encourage you to take advantage of this opportunity to reach out and make improvements in you relationships with other. I'd love to hear about what steps you're taking in this direction.

1 comment:

  1. I started taking steps in that direction as we moved through Elul and towards the High Holidays. I tend to be a hermit and not really say much to anyone, and now I'm making a concerted effort to be more social and engaging - and, well, just plain nicer to people. We'll see how it goes.

    Chag Sameach!

    ReplyDelete