Friday, August 27, 2010

It's that time of year - preparing (as best we can) for the upcoming High Holy Days. Looking forward to the onset of the New Year, so many of us look for direction, inspiration - for this is to be a season of change and renewal.
So late last night, I get an email from Garmin - stating that my GPS has a problem and has been recalled. Send it back immediately for repair - DO NOT use the damaged instrument.
I had to laugh - is there a message in this? Here I am trying to get ready to guide our community through the Days of Awe - looking myself for some guidance and uplift - and I lose the use of my GPS. Kinda funny to think about.
SO - what's your internal GPS? How and where do you find inspiration, guidance, direction? What are the sources of your renewal? And, what are you anticipating in the New Year just ahead?
Just a few more thought here in the middle of Elul.

1 comment:

  1. You know how your GPS talks to you? And then you take that information and, ultimately, make decisions on where to go? That's what I do - I talk through things with others, listen to their direction and thoughts on what might be a great way to go, and then I internalize it and move forward, based on other people's input and my own sense of direction.
    Shana Tovah (an early one) to you!

    ReplyDelete