Monday, October 1, 2012

Hachnasat Orchim #2 - Sukkot 5773

It's the second eve of Sukkot 5773 - and the 1st of October 2012 (see my previous post on "Rosh Chodesh August" and creating meaningful ritual memories). With Sukkot, it usually also means accepting the onset of fall (though, as this #jazzrabbilovessun, I've been expressing to people that I will be holding onto summer until some time during Hanukkah). With the change of seasons also comes the newness and renewed opportunity to share, enjoy and appreciate things that perhaps we haven't, at least since a year before.
And so tonight, I've declared in the jazzkitchen "Pumpkin's Gone Wild!" Haven't enjoyed anything pumpkin at least since last Halloween or Thanksgiving. This evening's festive meal includes pumpkin gnocchi with pumpkin alfredo (omg so good), pumpkin pie, pumpkin ice cream, and even a pumpkin pie martini. Hey, if you're gonna enjoy the season, go crazy/go complete!
Every year I hate saying goodbye to summertime; yet each time around, gradually, I'm learning to enjoy something wonderful about the days yet to come. 

No comments:

Post a Comment