Saturday, August 10, 2013

#BlogElul 4: "Accept"

Growing up at camp is probably where I learned best to accept others, and more so to try to accept myself - all my varied qualities, flaws and all...
After a (seemingly) long summer, tomorrow we retrieve Ben after eight weeks away at camp...where I'm sure he too grew in his capacity to accept other, and to come to grips with his own emerging self. I know he will be, in many ways, a very different person than the one we dropped off back in June...this excites me to see, and saddens me as well, as it is but one more way of marking the passing of time - as my children grow toward young adulthood, we move beyond some of the warm fuzzies of our little children, hopefully to be replaced by new closeness at each stage along the way...feeling sentimental for time gone by.

For Elul 4:

Accept - True relationship demands including our flaws.

No comments:

Post a Comment