Monday, August 12, 2013

#BlogElul 6: "Do"

Recently I was reminded of something I wrote a few years back in the "personal statement" that was part of my professional resume: "I see the ultimate goal for us as individuals and as a community to be three-fold: to learn something new each day; to do something of worth and value each day; and to express love each day. Judaism's core demands are found within these acts." One of my great mentors teaches that most of us spend our days doing things we'd rather not, instead of engaging mainly in the things about which we are truly passionate - and that this is a monumental waste. These days of Elul give us the chance to reframe our thinking and redirect our energies into what we really want to be doing. For Elul 6: Do - Enjoy something you love each day.

No comments:

Post a Comment