Thursday, July 8, 2010

Loving camp, again and again

Here we are, in the middle of our first week at camp - always one of best times of the year. Serving on faculty at OSRUI is a treat - to continue enjoying one of the real favorites of my life - Jewish summer camping. I loved camp as a kid...and now as an adult I can both share that joy with today's campers and staff - and also rely on them to rekindle and strengthen my own delight in being here: living as one community, sharing meals, learning and playing together, and creating life-long bonds that in many ways help shape and define who we are. The list, the memories, the fun and meaningful stories could go on and on...
I hope you'll share how camp has influenced your life - whether in your choice of career, finding your passions, and especially the people who've been added to your world. I'd love to hear.

1 comment:

  1. When I was in high school, my rabbi called me into his office to talk about my future and the rabbinate. He told me not to make a decision until after I spent a summer working at Camp Swig in Saratoga, CA.
    I did, and I never looked back. More than 25 years later, we're still going back to camp as faculty and thrilled to see the many campers I've worked with over the years who are now Jewish professionals.

    ReplyDelete