Thursday, September 20, 2012

#ElulPledge carries over into New Year

Well, been too busy to post anything here - but have been trying to keep up on the "resolution" made at the beginning of Elul: to continue working myself into the best physical shape of my adult life.
Thanks to regular exercise and a couple workouts a week with our trainer, I think I'm getting there. It's a pain, I enjoy it, and the benefits are of course remarkable.
And what does this continue to say about the bigger picture of life? That in order to really take care of ourselves, the effort cannot be limited to bursts of time short segments; the commitment to do anything, be anything, and do it well has to be an ONGOING life-long practice. Just as with exercise, so too with study, professional development, and especially honing the skills that cultivate positive relationships.
Well, off to do some more crazy style pushups...or maybe read a good book :)

No comments:

Post a Comment